Reminders for License Application and Renewal
- Application for license renewal should NOT happen more than 45 days prior to your expiration date.
- All applicants for initial licensure and renewals must show proof of valid CPR/AED/Heimlich certification.
- Apply and renew online! Create a profile in the Licensing Verification and Information System (LIVS) to complete your licensing needs.
- An expired license may be renewed at any time.
- If you hold an educator license from another state, you may be eligible for certification in Indiana.
- Check out ISTA’s PRC for opportunities to earn Professional Growth Plan points that go toward licensure renewal.
- Initial Practitioner license holders must participate in the Indiana Mentor and Assessment Program (IMAP).
Application and Renewal
For all information on Indiana Educator License application and renewal, visit IDOE.
Additional Required Certifications
As of July 1, 2012, all applicants for initial licensure of any type and applicants for all renewals must show proof of valid CPR/AED/Heimlich certification. Visit IDOE for approved certification providers.