Reminders for License Application and Renewal
The Indiana Department of Education (IDOE) has extended some licensing and certification requirements due to COVID-19. Please visit the ISTA COVID-19 webpage for the latest information.
Licensed teachers should visit the IDOE educator licensing page, and click, "current educator." For those seeking Indiana certification, visit the IDOE educator licensing page and click, "prospective educator."
- Application for license renewal should NOT happen more than 45 days prior to your expiration date.
- All applicants for initial licensure and renewals must show proof of valid CPR/AED/Heimlich certification.
- Apply and renew online! Create a profile in the Licensing Verification and Information System (LIVS) to complete your licensing needs.
- An expired license may be renewed at any time.
- If you hold an educator license from another state, you may be eligible for certification in Indiana.
- ISTA offers opportunities to earn Professional Growth Plan (PGP) points that go toward licensure renewal.
- Initial Practitioner license holders must participate in the Indiana Mentor and Assessment Program (IMAP).
- For converting from a two-year to a five-year license, applicants can now choose between completing IMAP with their principal or completing a 40-point PGP and a letter verifying two years of teaching experience.
Application and Renewal
For all information on Indiana Educator License application and renewal, visit IDOE.
Additional Required Certifications
As of July 1, 2012, all applicants for initial licensure of any type and applicants for all renewals must show proof of valid CPR/AED/Heimlich certification. Visit IDOE for approved certification providers.
Watch the two licensure training videos from the Indiana Department of Education. If you have additional questions on licensure, contact Susie Langston at email@example.com.
Licensing & LVIS Refresher