ISTA president invites members to Summer Conference
ISTA President Teresa Meredith highlights benefits of Summer Conference.
I want to extend an invitation to all ISTA members to join me at Summer Conference June 15 – 17 in Indianapolis. This is one of the most valuable conferences ISTA hosts during the year. The conference programming focuses on the skills needed to build and grow the Association, strengthen advocacy efforts and improve the education profession.
Most importantly, the Summer Conference brings together seasoned members and those new to the Association from locals across the state. The networking opportunities abound – share bargaining and discussion experiences, membership recruitment success stories and organizing tips. This peer-to-peer learning results in strengthened connections across the Association as well as leadership development for individual members.
The sessions this year offer several breakout sessions designed to engage a variety of interests.
- Get to know the nuts and bolts of your local association by attending Roster Reconciliation or Reaffiliation: Getting Your Local Up to Date.
- Plan your fall organizing at Developing Back-to-School Events and Organizing & Membership Recruitment.
- Learn cultural competency in Using Discussion to Address Human & Civil Rights Issues & Student Needs or Equity & Culture: Advocating for English Language Learners.
- Recruit those new educators into your local by attending New Member Engagement.
- Understand more about your retirement benefits at Save Our Public Pensions and Fifty Shades of Grey.
ISTA members attend this conference for free when they choose a double-occupancy room. Spend some time with ISTA this summer!
For more information on Summer Conference and to register, visit ista-in.org/sc.