Five actions to take after Red For Ed Rally
Here's what you can do to keep the momentum of the Red For Ed Rally going:
- Attend ISTA Day of Action: Attend an ISTA Day of Action at the Statehouse in March or April. More info at ista-in.org/daysofaction.
- Create a Day of Action: Coordinate with school staff and community members to meet at the Statehouse to speak with legislators.
- Coordinate School Day of Action: Work with your local school board to call a district-wide day of action. Arrange for staff and supporters to caravan to the Statehouse during a day the legislature is in session.
- Schedule Back Home Meetings: Arrange a Friday or weekend meeting with your legislators and fellow advocates back home.
- Submit Letter to the Editor: Write a letter to the editor of your community paper from yourself or from your colleagues.