The newly certified teachers are:
- Julia Beatty, New Albany, Middle Childhood Generalist certification
- Jane Elgin, Evansville, Early Childhood Generalist certification
- Melissa Fisher, Valparaiso, Early Adolescence Social Studies-History certification
- Lisa Riley, Brownsburg, Middle Childhood Generalist certification
- Patricia Walsh, Bloomington, Early Adolescence Math certification
The board-certified renewing teachers are:
- Gina Boyd, Lafayette, Middle Childhood Generalist certification
- Matt Carlson, Lafayette, Adolescent Young Adult Science certification
- Carol Pierobon-Hofer, Indianapolis, Early Middle Childhood English as a New Language certification
- Jennifer Labash, Goshen, Early Childhood Generalist certification
- Barb McCarn, Tell City, Early Childhood Generalist certification
National Board Certification is geared to improve student learning and teacher practices. As a professional certification, it signifies excellence in the field.
Candidates work through a rigorous process including three portfolio entries and a computer-based assessment to demonstrate effectiveness, knowledge and skills to earn certification. Twenty-five areas of certification are offered spanning disciplines and developmental levels.
Congratulations to the new and renewing board-certified teachers!
To learn more about National Board Certification and how ISTA and the ISTA Foundation support candidates, visit ista-in.org/nbct.