10 Ways to Celebrate American Education Week, Nov. 13 - 17
American Education Week is a week dedicated to showing appreciation to educators, parents, students, education support professionals and public education supporters who are dedicated to the success of public education. If you're interested in finding ideas to celebrate, here are a few things you can do this week:
- Kick off the week by providing an all-staff breakfast or purchasing snacks for staff to enjoy throughout the day.
- Give a warm thank you to the education support professionals in your building that ensure the school is running smoothly.
- Choose one color for all staff to wear on Friday in solidarity and celebration of public education.
- Create a bulletin board for students to write notes to the teachers and education support professionals that have helped them throughout the year.
- Provide special recognition to parent volunteers who support the school.
- Invite parents to visit your classroom or have breakfast for parents in the principals office for pick-up.
- Encourage students to make a thank you poster for substitute teachers and display in the building.
- Share a post on social media to acknowledge and encourage others to send notes of appreciation to the educators in their lives.
- Have students come to school dressed as their favorite educator for "Educator for a Day".
- Celebrate and reward yourself for your hard work and dedication.
Visit our resources page for a virtual background and more information about American Education Week.